During the final of the “AGIPI Prize: For a Sustainable World,” Florence Robin, President of Limatech, presented her solution to decarbonize air traffic through the use of Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries
For several reasons, Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries represent a strategic contribution to the energy transition in the aerospace industry!
– Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries allow for the replacement of current technologies that are heavy and highly toxic.
Lead-acid and Nickel-Cadmium batteries, for example, are composed of chemically hazardous agents that are highly polluting and present health risks (classified as CMR: Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, and Reprotoxic).
– Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries are three times lighter, leading to a threefold reduction in fuel consumption associated with battery transportation.
“In an industry focused on weight reduction, Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries save kilograms!”
– Limatech’s Smart lithium batteries have a lifespan 2.5 times longer, reducing the need for battery replacements.
– Lithium Limatech Smart Batteries have no memory effect and retain their charge, thusincreasing aircraft availability (80% of ground failures are due to battery problems) .
– The Battery Management System (BMS), developed by Limatech in collaboration with CEA, fully secures the lithium battery packs for aviation use.
This securing unlocks the use of Lithium in aviation. and enables: electrification of systems, hybridization and fully decarbonized propulsion.